Total Pageviews

Friday, September 17, 2010

Many The Miles


I think everyone, no matter who you are, has a mental list of songs that (for lack of a better term) puts a kick in your step. Walking back to Jessica house with my arms full of groceries... and by groceries, I mean chips, wine, an Aero bar, water, and redbull... one of my new favorite songs came on my iPod. I don't know if many of you are familiar with Sara Bareilles besides her overly played "Love Song", but "Many The Miles" is plainly... one of the best songs ever. Maybe it's just because, in my head, I warp the lyrics to fit perfectly with my Australian adventure... but either way, I suggest you all download it. Immediately.

Onto more up-to-date stuff, PATTY AND I ARE MOVING! Yes, this will be our third move in two weeks! #1 - to the hostel, #2 - to Jessica house, and now... keep your pants on Twilight fans... #3 - to Carlisle Street!! We're going to be in a duplex of sorts, but we don't care - anything to get out of this smokey, stinky flat we have now. The bottom apartment houses four Irish boys who are super nice and friendly, and the top has a German girl, a girl from Finland, and soon to be two girls from the States! The walls are painted all sorts of different colors and... drumroll, please... we have an actual kitchen and a cute bathroom! Phew! Patty and I also both have interviews for jobs next week as well... So not all is lost in the Land Down Under! This weekend will definitely be one filled with tons of cheap celebrations! In fact, we've already sprung for bottles of Yellowtail instead of Goon...

Although the house hunting process has been a very annoying one, it's been really eye-opening as well. It's been cool to see a lot of different living situations and we've gotten to meet a bunch of people too. Although, we definitely will not be living with the two Irish guys who wanted to get drinks after we saw their apartment and called us "American Dolls". As I've said a couple of times, this sure has been interesting.

Time to start the weekend festivities, but I'll leave you all with some lyrics from the genius that is Sara Bareilles...

"There's too many things I haven't done yet,
Too many sunsets I haven't seen...
You can't waste the day wishing it'd slow down,
You would've though by now...
I would have learned something."

No comments:

Post a Comment