Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

cobwebs.


So, I was at work the other day. It was a Monday morning at 10:30AM and I was serving a group of guys their third round of Carltons. As I was setting the beer glasses down (who aren't used to being used until at least after 11AM) I said something along the lines of, "Cheers! It's five o'clock somewhere!" My response back besides the laughter was, "oh... we're just clearing the cobwebs from our heads from this weekend". I couldn't help but think about how fantastic that explanation was. If only beer could clear all the cobwebs we have caught up in our minds, huh?

I don't mean what I'm about to say to hurt anyone, but picking up my life and moving was by far the best decision I think I've made to date. My mind was clear back home... I didn't even have the opportunity to have cobwebs in my head working at Quest and living in Columbus. Not to say my life was boring, because it definitely wasn't, but it just wasn't challenging... it didn't confuse me... it provided me with a path that was clear and straight. Strangly enough, I couldn't wrap my mind around going down that path. I pictured the next five, ten, and twenty years and could see exactly where it was going. I despised that. I wanted confusion, chaos, challenges, foreign places & people, and situations in which cobwebs were inevitable. This probably sounds pretty messed up to some people - who'd want that? Who would have a fantastic life ahead of them and pick to trudge through the unknown? Well, me for one. And I was lucky enough to have a best friend on board for the ride :)

Tomorrow will be my 8 week anniversary with this beautiful place. The longer I stay here, the more I love it... and the more it leaves my old life behind in the shadows. Instead of looking behind or looking around, I keep looking at the future. What do I want to do! Where do I want to go? The options seem endless and I haven't felt this excited in... well, ever! One of my first posts was about how I was searching to find what it really mean to be "free" (ehem, Zac Brown Band). I think I'm starting to come across it... I feel like the scene in my favorite movie, "Almost Famous", when Russell Hammond is on the roof about to jump in the pool screaming, "I AM A GOLDEN GOD!" Although, fast foward that scene 40 years and take away the drugs.

I mean this with all the love in the world... but I hope that all of you have cobwebs of your own to sort out folks. That your life isn't easy or simple. That it pushes you, challenges you, confuses you, and most of all - amazes you.

xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. Whatever, you miss good old quest software and jeremie roshon...get real!

    Seriously though, http://tbe.taleo.net/NA3/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=QUEST&cws=1&rid=5191&source=Indeed

    you can go back...

    ReplyDelete